What To Expect
• Please arrive 15 minutes early, so that I am able to review the forms that were emailed to you and to discuss the reason(s) for your visit and any specific areas you would like to address during your session.
• Your massage session takes place in a quiet, private room. I will leave the room to allow you to disrobe to your comfort level and lay down on the table under the top sheet. You may prefer to completely disrobe or remain partially clothed. During your session, you will be draped and I will only uncover the area of your body being worked on.
• COMMUNICATION IS KEY to receiving the most Effective treatment for achieving your relaxation and wellness goals. At any point that there is discomfort, it is imperative that you express this to me! This allows me to properly adjust the pressure and/or technique while still achieving our mutual set goals.
• During your massage, it is important to relax your muscles and your mind. Breathe normally and try not to tighten or contract your muscles. I will guide you in breathing techniques, when necessary, to keep you relaxed. Again, communication is important. I will ask you throughout the session if any of the techniques are causing discomfort or pain.
• After your massage therapy session, the client and therapist will evaluate the outcome. You will experience some degree of relief even in one session and possibly some soreness. It is important to drink plenty of water after the massage to stay hydrated and flush the toxins out from your body.
On the basis of the results, recommendations for additional sessions and the frequency will be given. If you come every week, for instance, you'll see quicker progress than if you wait two or three weeks between sessions.
If appropriate and necessary, I may refer you to another health professional for further assessment and treatment.